SHAZAM® BOLT$™ Help
An asterisk (*) indicates features not available for all users.
SHAZAM BOLT$ is also available on all iPhone models, iPad tablets, and Android phones. .
If you receive an invitation and sign up for SHAZAM BOLT$, you can receive money from an eligible SHAZAM BOLT$ user via your debit card
If you have a SHAZAM-branded debit card and your financial institution uses the SHAZAM BOLT$ service, you can:
- View balance information for a debit card’s primary account
- Receive transaction amount alerts
- Receive mail, phone or Internet transaction alerts
- Receive international transaction alerts
- *Receive suspicious transaction alerts
- *Temporarily block future transactions on a card
- *Send money to a SHAZAM BOLT$ user’s debit card
- *Receive money from an eligible SHAZAM BOLT$ user’s debit card
You create a unique username and password when signing up to use SHAZAM BOLT$. The application doesn’t store your password, Social Security number (SSN) or account information on the device. SHAZAM encrypts the messages sent and received by the application. We regularly engage outside mobile security consultants to review the security of the application.
SHAZAM BOLT$ supports one or more debit cards.
Update Expiration Date
Modify Expiration Date.
Using the check box, you can temporarily block future transactions on a card. You can also remove a temporary block you placed. While a card is blocked, certain SHAZAM BOLT$ functionality may be unavailable.
Possible statuses for a card include:
- Not blocked
- Blocked by you
- Blocked by your financial institution
- Blocked by you and your financial institution
If you have questions about blocks placed by your financial institution, please contact your financial institution.
Edit Alert Settings
Modify Alert Settings.
These are alerts you establish to monitor your card activity. Call your financial institution if you receive an alert for a transaction you didn’t authorize.
The alert types include:
- Transaction amount alert
- Internet or phone transaction alert
- International transaction alert
- Suspicious transaction alert
Suspicious Transaction Alert
You’re automatically enrolled for suspicious transaction alerts if your financial institution offers this feature. If you receive a suspicious transaction alert, call SHAZAM toll-free at 866-508-2693 to review the suspicious activity with a fraud specialist.
Only cardholders whose financial institutions use SHAZAM BOLT$ and the Send Money feature are eligible to send money. During registration, a screen will list the functionality available to you. Also, you’ll see the Send Money option in Cards & Balances if it’s available to you.
When you send money, it’s transferred instantly. However, settlement of the funds depends on the operational procedures of the recipient’s financial institution.
There are two ways to add a recipient:
- Manage Payments > Add Recipient. Enter an email address and nickname (optional) and select Add.
- Send Money
- Enter a new email address and nickname (optional) and select Next.
- We’ll check to see if the recipient is already using SHAZAM BOLT$. If not, you can send him or her an invitation email.
- The recipient can register for SHAZAM BOLT$ if he or she has a debit card.
- You’ll be notified once the recipient is registered. If you don’t receive notice, check with the recipient to see if he or she was able to register.
Manage Payments > Edit Recipient.
Manage Payments > Delete Recipient.
You’ll receive confirmation once the transaction is initiated. An electronic receipt will also be sent to your primary email address.
Money Not Received
If the recipient says he or she didn’t receive the money, contact your financial institution for help.
Contact your financial institution to receive another copy of the receipt.
The cost of sending money depends on your financial institution’s settings. Contact your financial institution for more details.
Anyone with a debit card can register and use SHAZAM BOLT$ to receive money from a SHAZAM BOLT$ cardholder. Simply accept the invitation you receive via email and follow the steps provided.
When a SHAZAM BOLT$ cardholder sends you money, it’s transferred instantly. However, settlement of the funds depends on the operational procedures of your financial institution.
An electronic receipt will be sent to your primary email address.
Money Not Received
If a SHAZAM BOLT$ cardholder sends you money but you don’t receive it as expected, contact the sender. The sender can then contact his or her financial institution for help.
- Contact your financial institution for assistance.
- SHAZAM support: firstname.lastname@example.org